I was actually really excited about creating this week’s list for my 52 lists project because it’s another really positive topic: things you should be proud of. Sometimes I can be a little hard on myself and once in a while I think it’s important to reflect upon the positive things about ourselves, instead of always being negative. So this week in the 52 lists project I had to spend some time reflecting on who I am and what I’ve done in my life. I thought about things I’ve done that I consider successes or powerful lessons, not what others consider success.
- I saved for, planned, and went on a 2 month backpacking trip around Europe all by myself the summer I graduated university.
- I followed a lifelong dream of living abroad and moved to Spain in the fall following graduation.
- I graduated university debt free.
- I’m working hard to improve my level of Spanish.
- Every day I wake up to go to a job I love.
- Teaching children has taught me a new level of patience.
- Though we don’t talk as much as we would like, I have a core group of very close friends who are always there for me.
- I actually love spending time talking to my students.
- As a teacher, my students are very important to me and I care for them as if they’re my family.
Being proud of the things you’ve accomplished doesn’t make you self-centered, I think it makes for happier people who push themselves to be better. Many times the things we’re proud of are also things that we have done to make the world around us a better place. So I say embrace the things you have done in your life, continue to do the things that make you feel good and in turn make you happy and appreciate the good things in life.